This post was last updated on October 12th, 2021 at 08:00 am
Behind closed doors, our mission has always been to list assets and trading pairs first (i.e. to list cryptoassets before any other aggregator or website).
We’ve decided to publicly declare our mission for two reasons:
- First, the mission to “list assets first” serves as a public commitment that holds us accountable to this brand promise.
- Second, we believe this mission sets us apart from a sea of undifferentiated “me too” crypto aggregators, with unclear values and motivations.
We don’t know what our competitors stand for.
- CoinMarketCap is known for being the first market cap site, and has one of the most disliked brands in the entire cryptosphere (they also tend to copy us).
- CoinGecko is known for being the non-Binance alternative to CoinMarketCap.
Our competitors’ product roadmaps and differentiated brand positions are unclear.
We’re taking this opportunity to stake a claim on what we do best…
As a company, we are organized from the ground up around…
- Listing new assets before anyone else
- Listing new trading pairs before anyone else
- Listing new exchanges before anyone else
And we’ve been overwhelmingly successful at this. As I write this, Nomics is first to list new assets 90% of the time.
In fact, every week (on our company dashboard) we track our priced asset win rate.
Here’s last week’s entry:
(As you can see, as of last week we were first to list new assets ~90% of the time).
- By the time most projects email us to request a listing, we’ve already added them
- We frequently list new assets before projects have heard back from websites like CoinMarketCap and CoinGecko
See, for example, the tweet from Dogey Inu:
(We will never do what the website above has done: charge for expedited listings. If you’re a cryptoasset project, we want to list you first and we won’t charge a cent).
As a partial byproduct of listing assets first, we also list more assets than anyone else.
Indeed, if you need an asset priced that nobody else has listed, chances are good that we’ve got you covered.
At the time of writing…
- We list 300% more actively traded assets than CoinGecko
- We list 200% more active assets than CoinMarketCap
If you’ve heard about a new asset and want to learn more, we’d love to be the first website you visit.
Our competitors are skeptical of new projects. We want to list them before anyone else. You make your own trading and investment decisions.
Please help us spread the word:
- Nomics lists new assets, trading pairs, and exchanges first
- Nomics lists more (actively traded) assets than anyone else
- We don’t discriminate against new projects (and leave you to make your own decisions)
We’re coming after the entire industry.
Onwards and Upwards,